Thursday, March 19, 2009

Introduction to Liberty Lifestyles

I began a new weight loss program. Well, I guess I cannot really call it a "program" but a wake up call - a lifestyle change - new focus.

First of all because the Scriptures do not give any commands for me to examine all of the chemical compounds of the food I ingest, I refuse to count calories, fat grams or carbohydrates to determine which foods that I should eat or not eat. The one thing that Scripture does deal with though is over indulgence. Colossians 2:20-23 explains is quite well:

"Therefore, if you died with Christ from the basic principles of the world, why as though living in the world, do you subject yourselves to regulations --"Do not touch, do not taste, do not handle," which all concern things which perish with the using -- according to the commandments and doctrines of men? These things indeed have an appearance of wisdom in self-imposed religion, false humility, and neglect of the body, but are of no value against the indulgence of the flesh." (NKJV)

The point is that I am relearning to listen to my body (for I have a Great Creator, Designer) for when I am to eat, how much I am to eat and what I am to eat.

For example: I will wait for my stomach to tell me it is time to eat. It will growl or feel very empty. I will choose something that sounds good, that it would really hit the spot, then I will enjoy and stop when I am full (not empty, not stuffed, just satisfied).

That is it in a nutshell.

Over the course of several weeks I plan on blogging with ideas and helps (mostly for me) on how to make this lifestyle change permanent. - How to not place food at such a high place. (God alone should be in that place in my life).

Since March 7 I have lost 8 pounds (no, I am not going to tell you how much I weigh- ugh- too painful) and am doing great, feel great and have more energy than I have had in a long time.

If there is anyone out there who would like to join me send an e-mail to lynncupp@gmail.com

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Well it is April 8. I've lost 19 pounds. Yeah! All from listening to the design that God made our bodies. Go figure. He makes our stomachs growl when we need to eat, and provides a full or satisfied feeling when we should stop eating. He is amazing how he created us.

I have been feeding on the Word of God when I want to eat but my body is not calling for food. I am being filled with the food that lasts for eternity. It REALLY satisfies.