Monday, November 9, 2009

Home (a poem by Katie Cupp)

There are many places,
Where I do enjoy going,
I see so many faces,
That I always end up knowing.

But there's one specific place,
That is so special to me,
There is always a face,
That is very dear to me.

Whenever I am here,
I receive hugs and kisses,
Or sometimes I fear,
That I have to do dishes.

Sometimes things can get rough,
And some things may not be fun,
But I am kind of tough,
So there's no need to run.

But mostly it is great,
With the love that we share,
There's not a thing I can say I hate,
Because they all very much care.

This place brings happiness in my life,
There's my mom and my dad,
Who are husband and wife,
Which makes me ever so glad.

Then there's my brothers,
I have nine to be exact,
And on to my sisters,
They are two lovely girls in fact.

Well, I'm running out of room,
To write on my paper,
I'm going to end soon,
So Ill just tell you later,
All about this place,
I love and know,
This specific place,
Is the place I call home.

No comments: